1) End-of-Semester Social date determined (Tuesdays from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. at the multipurpose room in St. Mary's Hall). Sign-up here!
2) Reminder for Mid-semester evaluation (I extended it). Especially fill out the evaluation for Volunteersif you haven't.
3) Mini Weekly Socials are set! To sign-up for the mini socials, please sign-up here!
1) End-of-Semester Social date determined (Tuesdays from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. at the multipurpose room in St. Mary's Hall).
URL for student sign-up is: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/K6C87PS
Mark your calendar! The end-of-semester social is determined for this semester. As it will be the last social for me, we will have the usual pizzas and lots of other interesting food and activities for the end-of-semester celebration. Please sign up by 3:00 p.m. Tuesday, April 30, 2013 so we can make sure we have enough food!
2) Reminder for Mid-semester evaluation (I extended it a little more to get more response from students). Especially fill out the evaluation for Volunteers if you haven't.
We would appreciate it if you can take 1-2 minutes to fill out each survey as it helps us to focus on things that we can work on to better improve this program.
3) Mini Weekly Socials set, please check umdesol.weebly.com for most updated information (more socials may be added if there's an interest)
URL for mini weekly social: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/CHJ7F9G
Movie: Freedom Writers -- Friday, 4/19, 2013 from 4:00 to 6:15 p.m. Location: Tydings 1114
Movie: Hotel Rwanda-- Friday, 4/26, 2013 from 4:00 to 6:15 p.m. Location: Tydings 1114
Picnic/Discussion: Statistics on Religion in America --Wednesday, 4/22, 2013 from 1-3 p.m. Location: On the mall, near the fountain (Check out this website: http://www.npr.org/2013/01/15/169342349/more-young-people-are-moving-away-from-religion-but-why)
Ping-pong Social--Friday, 5/17, 2013 from 3:00 to 5:00 p.m.
Tennis Social-- Tuesday, 5/21, 2013 from 3:00 to 6:00 p.m.
*At the movie social, the leader will stop the movie every 10-20 minutes to discuss about what's going on in the movie and let students predict about what might happen (or share any thoughts or feelings).
Session Leaders (so far):
4/19, 2013: Jade Johnson (Coordinator will be out)
4/26, 2013 Jade Johnson and Clare Cheng
4/22, 2013: Emily Rueger
5/17, 2013: Clare Cheng
5/21, 2013: Clare Cheng
* Students are welcome to lead or co-lead any of the sessions. Please e-mail Clare in advance!